Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 2: fresh start

Bathroom is clean, floor is vacuumed, closets are picked through and donation items are in the car ready for drop off. Laundry...well, that's a never ending project but I'm mostly caught up. One load in the dryer.

Yesterday I got 4.5 miles on the treadmill. I kept the pace slowish and messed with the incline buttons a bit. I went up half a percent grade every mile. It kept me interested. My hamstrings are sore today.

So, day 2 of Ripped in 30 this morning. The warmup still seems long, but the rest felt even faster. It's definitely easier than the end of Body Revolution, but a week of easier moves may be beneficial. Who knows? I'm concerned about working all the same muscles every day. I thought a day of rest in between was ideal. I'm still going to go for it and see what happens.

You may have noticed I gained 2 pounds between the time I bought my scale and my final weigh in. There are a couple of reasons. One is candy. The candy bowl at work and all the treats everyone brings in have gotten the better of me these last two weeks. Also I was doing a lot less cardio.

These are both solvable problems. Ive decided to add in my extra calories by having a mid-morning snack. So this morning I had a protein shake with banana after my workout. In an hour or so I'll heat up a banana blueberry muffin at work. Lunch is leftover salmon and veggies. Afternoon snack will be apples and cinnamon with cheese. I think it will be plenty.

As for cardio, these races are motivational. I'm planning on a slow 7 miles during my lunch break today. I'll take tomorrow off running and then run again Thursday and Friday.

Lastly, my neighbor's friend works for whatever brand makes pop tarts so she brought three packs of these over. I'm going to trash them next time the kids are with their dad, but the packaging made me laugh. Look! They're made with whole grain!

1 comment:

  1. First, CONGRATS on your strong BR finish! You look amazing, Catherine. Very inspirational!

    Second, 4.5 on the treadmill is no small task. Even with the little games, it is a long time to trot along going nowhere :)

    Third, doesn't the marketing machine just kill you??? Really, I don't care if they grind up broccoli & put it into that pop-tart. It is STILL a doughnut as far as I'm concerned. You can't make them healthy. Impossible. Eat them if you must, but let us not be fooled into thinking they are a health food...

    Sounds like you are thriving with your new routine. Keep it up! You are doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete