Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 2: The new plan which is a combo of things I've read and stuff I'm making up

I had a tough time getting to 1200 calories yesterday. I think I was really stuffed still from eating everything in California. I had plans to have salmon for dinner, but by nighttime I just wasn't interested in chewing. I made myself a smoothie with berries, almond milk, and vanilla protein powder and called it a day.

The workout from the body sculpting book yesterday was good. I'm not sore today or anything. It recommends a series of moves that you do in supersets and you do the whole thing twice with 90 second rests in between supersets. It was nice having a workout I could do at the gym because they have different weights so I could use the 15s for my squats and dead lifts and lat rows. Weights are expensive!

I warmed up with a 10 minute jog on the treadmill, did the weight workout, did some abs, then did all of the moves from the workout one more time and hopped on the elliptical for 10 minutes. Today I'll only run with some friends for about an hour. No weights.

The high protein portion of my plan was just ok. I didn't consume any bread products, but found my salt intake was really high. Beef jerky! I read that for muscle building you should aim for a gram of protein for every pound of body fat. There is no way. I got to 90 grams of protein yesterday and that was a chore. I would have had 126 if I'd had the salmon.

I'm having potatoes tonight with my dinner because I hate wasting food and I already have them. Also, I believe potatoes are good for you. Also salmon burgers, but I'll forego the bun. There's panko in the recipe which is bread, but I'm running today and aiming for a higher calorie amount to try out this calorie cycling theory.

I'm already feeling less pregnant than I did yesterday, but not all the way back to pre-vacation form. Moving in the right direction though.

No comments:

Post a Comment