Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Zombies, Run!

Hahahahahaha! Hooooo boy, hahaha!

I finally had a chance to try this app out yesterday. It is hilarious. It syncs up with your playlist and interrupts in between songs with these "radio transmissions" from the base that instruct you to run around and pick up supplies and warn you about the zombies that are after you. Yesterday was unbearably hot. I picked up 7 first aid kits and a file that may or may not contain valuable information from the Center for Disease Control. I also almost got eaten by the radio controller's girlfriend-turned-zombie.

I've started doing something that I used to be opposed to: eating "energy" bars. I've picked some that were on the cheap side at $1 per bar. They're actually pretty tasty, although not as tasty as the packaging seems to want to make you think they are. At 280 calories and 20 grams of protein they're super filling. Days when I eat them I don't even want more than 1500 calories for the day.

I'm struggling to get all my protein in. I don't know how people do it and still keep their calories low.  The stretch goal every day is 120-130 grams. Yesterday I ended up at 90 grams, 1300 calories. That was with eating a tin of sardines right before bed. I just wasn't that hungry. The sardines were delicious, by the way.

For weight training, I'm ditching the low-weights/high-reps philosophy in favor of, well, the opposite. I'm picking weights that are heavy enough that I'm at exhaustion by the end of the 2nd set. We'll see what happens. It feels more satisfying to me. I'm not concerned with bulking up. I want to look like I can kick some ass though.

2 comments:

  1. I'll do protein bars once in awhile, too. Especially on days when I'm just famished. I try to keep them under 200 calories, and find that they are full of cr@p that I don't typically eat...however, they do satisfy and are OK. My favs are Milk Muscle Light and Luna Protein so far.

    I have to download Zombie Run!! Between you & Kelly, I crack up reading about your adventures :). Sounds like FUN.

    Heavy weights also seems great to me. I hate not feeling taxed after lifting. I want my biceps to burn, baby, burn! LOL Take some "before" pictures so we can see what a bad-ass you turn into. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and for lean, low cal protein, go for an egg-white omelet. I'll use 5-6 egg whites, lots of veggies, laughing cow light or reduced fat cheese (feta has lots of flavor for small quantity), and possibly some ham or bacon (a little goes a long way!). Awesome, filling, loaded with protein - - and all real food.

    Kashi Go Lean cereal is another high protein, low cal/fat option. It is a little fibrous, but I like it with the coconut-almond milk and a few berries. YUM.

    ReplyDelete