Monday, July 9, 2012

Vacation from Everything!

I did some pushups and crunches while I was on vacation, but not everyday. I didn't run at all. I ate as much as I wanted of whatever I wanted. It was a great trip and I don't regret a thing.

However, I look 4-months pregnant.

The good news is that unlike actually being 4-months pregnant, I should return to normal after a week of good eating and exercise.

I'm kicking off a new program today where I'm going to be following the Abs Diet and doing the workouts in this book:


The subtitle on it is something about the pathway to physical perfection. Sounds good!. Really it's just a basic weightlifting program and then you're supposed to eat a moderate/low calorie diet of actual food. I think it will be fun and different for me because it's not a video so I can do it in the middle of the day. There's a 6-day per week option, but I'm doing the 3-day per week plan for the first 6 weeks and then I'll switch it up. This will let me get some running in with friends and train for my last race of the summer (2 weeks to go!).

The Abs diet has you eating 6 small meals including protein and carbs. There are a bunch of "superfoods" you're supposed to incorporate as often as possible. They're all pretty normal foods so I don't think this will be hard.

I'm also trying to do a bit of a kickstart this week to recover from last week's indulgences. It's based on Jillian's kickstart diet in Body revolution. I'll have lots of Greek yogurt for breakfasts, protein, vegetables, and no refined grain-type carbs.

My goal in all this is to actually cut down on my exercise time so I can have more time in the morning for writing. I got up this morning at 5:30 and worked on a story I've been tinkering with for a while. It was super slow going. I'm really out of the habit - but not for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment