Monday, July 16, 2012

Ok, starting now...really this time

Lots to share.

My mom invited me last minute up to her place this weekend because my sister and her 4 kids and my brother's 2 kids were going to be there. I switched up my plans so I could make it because this is the only chance I have all year of seeing them. We had a blast. Exercise consisted of hiking with kids and throwing lots of rocks into the ocean. Moderate wave chasing. Food consisted of my mother's excellent cooking. Steak, salmon, many types of salad, breadsticks, potatoes, raspberry shortcake, etc. Yum! This morning I was up 3 glorious pounds all around my waist.

This weekend coming up I'll be running a relay race with a company team. It will be a total of 15 miles so I need to arrange my week so my legs will be fresh on Friday. I'll lift weights and run a quick 4 miles today and Wednesday and then try for between 7 and 8 miles Tuesday and then nothing Thursday. I'll get in a total of 15 miles during the race on Friday and Saturday and then consume a million calories worth of free pizza and beer on Saturday night.

No, that's not true. I hereby commit to consuming a reasonable number of free pizza and beer calories on Saturday night. The abs diet gives you a cheat meal once a week so that's going to be it, but I'm not going to lose my mind or anything.

I'm loving doing the workouts in the body sculpting for women book. I'm lifting heavier weights than before and I'm definitely feeling sore afterwards, but it doesn't take much time to do. I'm dedicating only my lunch hour to workout out during the week. That's it. Except for last Thursday when I went to bar class again. It was fun, but not as fun as the first time. I think the instructor was new. I rock the pushups, but can't do anything with my legs for more than a minute.

I'm still getting up around 5:30 in the morning, but instead of lifting weights I'm writing. It's been great to have a set time every day to stretch my creativity muscles. It's not something I've done regularly since before I went back to work. I love not having my entire day revolve around exercise.

But speaking of work...I got a promotion! They just told me last Thursday. I'll be taking on some extra responsibilities and working more closely with the sales department. I'm very excited about it. And more money! Hooray! I'm not sure how much yet, but I should find out soon. Plus, I get a new boss who is someone actually interested in my professional development. All around a great opportunity.

Basically everything is great and I feel like I'm in a really good place emotionally despite a couple of weekends of not perfect eating and a couple extra pounds.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading this post! Hooray for you!! I relate to not wanting my entire life to revolve around exercise any longer. I am craving balance, and the 2 weeks off was just what the doctor ordered for me.

    Congratulations on that promotion, Catherine! It sounds like everything is really coming together for you. LOVE IT! :) Keep sending out the positive vibes...it is contagious!

    ReplyDelete