Tuesday, June 26, 2012

All talk

Poor me! Jillian isn't challenging anymore! I need something new and longer and more difficult! Boohoo!

That was me yesterday. I got up early today and popped in Bob's Pure Burn Super Strength. I didn't get up early enough. I made it through half. The workout is over 60 minutes long. Also, It's flippin hard. I do plan on finishing it up tonight so thats something, but I feel like a bit of a wuss. A wuss on a mission, but still...

The workout is definitely different than Jillian. Bob has you do everything a bazillion times. There's a lot of moaning and groaning from the background exercises and some weird camera tricks that are a bit annoying. You know how when you first learned PowerPoint and used some kind of effect to move between every slide? It kind of reminds me of that. The workout is great though and I like bob.

I landed at 1531 calories according to myfitnesspal yesterday. It was fine because I was really busy all day. I'm hungry now, but that's ok because I get to eat now.

Do you early morning exercises eat before? I hear it helps your body burn fat instead of muscle, but it requires me waking up earlier so I don't.

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try a Bob Harper workout for awhile now. I wondered if he would get annoying...your review is intriguing!

    Re eating before early AM exercise, for me, it just depends. If I'm not hungry, I don't bother & find that I can power through just fine. If I wake up hungry, though, I try to grab something small (1/2 banana, granola thin, chewy granola bar). Just enough so I'm not totally dying. It is super important, too, to make sure you have water close by. After sleeping all night, your body is naturally dehydrated.

    I hope the PM workout was good! You are no wuss...that must have been one tough workout ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to try Cathe. She makes Bob and Jillian look like wussies! I've been training with her for about 10 years, and nobody holds a candle to her. I've done Insanity, Jillian, P90X, all that. Cathe's the best!!
    cathe.com is her website.

    ReplyDelete