Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 25: Sort of

Do I still get to count it as day 25 if I'm not actually doing the workout today? Tonight I'm going to try a Bar Method class with a friend. I've been wanting to hang out with her for a long time and it's finally workout out for us schedule-wise. She said it's definitely a workout class, not a ballet class. There are weights involved so I decided it would be smarter to ditch Jillian this morning.
The whole week has been pretty off plan. I've only done workout 4 of Ripped in 30 twice. Tomorrow I'll be doing Body Rev workout 2. Monday was Body Rev workout 1. Then this Bar Method class tonight. Technically the 30 days extends through Tuesday or something next week so I'll get a couple more chances at workout 4 before I'm done with this program.

Basically, I'm sliding into Phase 5. For me, the next "program" is going to be no program. I want to still do strength training 4-5 times per week. I've got a couple of Bob Harper DVDs I want to do more often. There's that Totally Ripped Core one I've done a couple of times now that I like and then a straight up weight lifting one and a yoga one. I just don't want to be tied to one set of DVDs for a bit.

This is the danger zone for me, but I think I can do it. Mostly because I'm in love with my muscles and it would suck to have to start over if I lost them.

3 comments:

  1. I worry the same thing about muscle loss when this ends. I think to maintain we just need to be sure we are implement strength training 2-3 times per week. I'm with you too on getting off of a set workout schedule for the rest of the summer. The days are so flexible and often unpredictable. Also, there are lots of discs out there to try and blend in.

    I think you have a good plan going. And although you haven't been able to do your workout 4 as much as you wanted, you have been busy doing other things. How was the Bar Method class? Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best quote of the day: "Mostly because I'm in love with my muscles and it would suck to have to start over if I lost them." Amen to that!!!

    You won't lose them. Maintenance is much different than building. Plus, we'll hold you accountable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...and GOOD LUCK with the half this weekend! I can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete