Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 18: Breaking the Cycle

I've been gaining and losing about 2 pounds every week. Last Wednesday, for example, I was 130.8 lbs. By Sunday I was back up at 133.2 lbs. Today I'm 131.2 lbs. There's a reason this happens and it's lifestyle related. I have my kids with me early on in every week and every other weekend. That means that early in the week I eat at home and plan things pretty well.

Later in the week and every other weekend I spend a lot of time with my boyfriend. He likes to eat out and it's an easier option so I go along. I've found some good lowish-cal dinner options at our most frequent restaurants, but I fill up on chips and salsa (and margaritas). It adds up.

This is changing this week. Josh is three days into his new health kick and I think this is going to be great for both of us. Yesterday he suggested we start eating out less. Umm...ok!!! This morning he woke up early and did Workout 3 with me and liked it. A bigger surprise: I liked it too! I assumed I would hate having someone work out out with me. Especially since Jillian is so cheesy. I guess I was nervous about getting made fun of or looking stupid. Josh isn't like that, but I'm self-conscious.

Josh likes Jillian for a lot of the same reasons I do. Yeah, she's cheesy, but she's also funny about it. He loves that the workouts are short enough that even a non-morning person can do them without ruining the day. It's been fun hearing his opinion of the backup team - he thinks David is a crack up because he's so huge and observed that Jillian talks to all the men like they're puppy dogs. He's also a big fan of the fact that she's finally out of the closet. I think that's great too. He's even been talking to co-workers about the Jillian plan he's on. I love this man.

I have high hopes that this is going to last. We'll see on Sunday if my weight goes back up or not. So far this week I've been on point with the food goals - no sugary foods and no booze. I have no doubts I'll be able to keep it up thanks to the planned splurge I have for Sunday. It's going to be so worth it.

2 comments:

  1. So awesome! I'm so glad your BF is on the fitness wagon with you, and that most importantly, you feel like it's a positive change all around. I remember you writing about how you felt guilty when you couldn't stay over his place or had to leave early to squeeze in a morning workout. If you can both make the lifestyle change together it alleviates the guilt and you both get to spend more time together, getting healthier (and hotter!).

    I can't wait to hear about your splurge! I bet it's going to be DELICIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shit-togetherness-factor seems very high right now, Catherine! WOO HOO! Congrats. And I'm glad you are having fun working out with BF. I know what you mean about being nervous, but isn't it fun to have someone to goof with or support you through the workouts? And I love that your BF wants to take on the healthier eating, too. Wonderful!!

    Keep it up, girl. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete