Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 24: Sleepyhead

That's me hamming it up for the cameras at the race last weekend. It's hard to ham it up and look out for rocks at the same time. Haha.

I had an awful time sleeping last night. I think I got about 4 hours total. The doors in my apartment creak really loudly so when my older son got up to pee at 2am it woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep.

I still got up and did my workout this morning. It's still a good one. Hard to believe "phase 4" is almost over for me already.

I meant to run yesterday but decided to play basketball with my kids instead. Usually I get my run in during my lunch break at work, but I took the day off yesterday so that wasn't an option. I was going to take them to the gym and hit the treadmill for 30 minutes, but some things are more important that burning an extra 300 calories or so.

I was hoping to get in a longer run today, but I'm going to cut it short because of the crappy sleep. I'll go longer tomorrow instead. I have another half marathon to run this Saturday. This time I'll be on my own so no excuses if my time isn't so good. My best half marathon time is around 1:50. I'm hoping to match that or beat it.

I feel like such a slob today. Must sleep early tonight!

4 comments:

  1. You are so cute! Look at those biceps mama!

    I totally agree, some things are way more important than burning extra calories.

    Sorry about the lack of sleep, that really sucks. Hope you get more rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so adorable! Love that picture -- and I agree with Meghan, check out the guns! I'm jealous of your legs, too. So glad you finally posted a picture of yourself!

    Good luck at the 1/2 this weekend. I know you'll do great. 1:50 is an awesome time and you have been doing great with your runs. I bet you blow that time away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! You look fabulous! Great job on the run. I have a friend here who just recently finished her first marathon and she said it's an amazing feeling of accomplishment. I'm sure you will do great!

    I also love how you blew off your run to play with your kids, totally important and great demonstration of priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fantastic picture! You look like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete