Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 23: workout 4 of ripped in 30

I really like this workout. It's my favorite of the four. I've read elsewhere that people think its not as tough as workout 3, but it was for me. I felt like I got a good full body workout too instead of just having a couple of areas hit the hardest. There are more plank moves again and the abs get hit harder. Yay!

I did this for the first time this morning because yesterday I was at Josh's place so we did Body Revolution workout 1 together. It was such a good experience to go back to the beginning. Kelly's right. It's not an easy workout. There's a lot to be gained by "going back to the beginning" but with heavier weights, pushups on the toes, add some plyo...Im feeling it in my shoulders today in a way I haven't so much with Ripped in 30.

My brownie plan backfired. I was dumb and gave the ex advanced warning that I was trying to do something nice for him for father's day. He basically told me to respect his boundaries and knock it off. I should've expected this, so my bad. Again.

This led to a brew of emotions which ended in me realizing I need to stop trying to make him like me. We're not going to be friends like he said originally. What did I expect? He didn't like me that much when we were married either. I was hoping that things would settle down with time, but I should've known better.

I feel liberated except for that now I have half a pan of brownies staring at me.

I took today off work to go volunteer at kindergarten field day. It was insanity. My youngest has a dr appt this afternoon so I just took him out I school and we'll head out in an hour. Nice to have some one on one time. Here's him posing for the camera at school. He cracks me up.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your ex seems like an unhappy sort. Geniality could go a long way... but, I guess that's not for him. I think next time you should just put the brownies together and leave them for him anyway, then let him do what he wants with them. This isn't about him, it's about you, and if you want to go ahead and do something nice, do it! I loved doing BR workout 4 on Friday, and I was sore until Sunday! Incredible. It is also very nice to mix and match. Keep it coming, you are doing fab.

    ReplyDelete