Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 9: Mommy Issues

I'll start off with the workout this morning. What a difference a good night sleep and not eating grapefruit right before makes. I felt really strong. I still have to go to my knees at the end of some of the plank moves, but I made it way longer than yesterday.

Yesterday's run was also really good. A friend convinced me to go 5.5 miles with her instead of the 3.8 mile loop I was planning. It was good to catch up and the run felt just right.

Food was 100%. No candy or junk at all. I didn't really crave it so it wasn't hard. Myfitnesspal only had me at about 1500 calories but I felt like I was eating all day and I didn't want to eat an extra 300 just because.

Now the mama drama.

My mom gave me her old kindle because the battery died and she just bought a new kindle altogether. I replaced the battery and set everything up yesterday. I still have access to her library. The last book in her library is "What to do when your grown children disappoint you."

I know it sounds awful, but I had to laugh. I mean, this is obviously a tool she's used to deal with me. I've made a lot of decisions that she doesn't understand at all. I can't feel too bad about it though because really she has done a fantastic job of dealing with this child who disappoints her. I never doubt that she cares about me. She never harrasses me. She makes an effort to meet me halfway and have a relationship with me. It's really the best possible scenario. Still, kind of a shock to see it right there and know it's about me. I have three sisters, but they're all meeting expectations as far as still going to her church and not being divorced and not wanting a job outside the home.

Back to talking about workouts. It's pouring down rain so traffic was awful this morning and I was late to work. That means I'll have to work through lunch today and not do the long run I was planning on. My backup plan is to take the kids to the gym tonight and bang out a quick interval workout on the treadmill and then run long tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! Sorry you had to see that Catherine. I can't imagine how that would feel. I have my own issues with parents who are always disappointed no matter how successful we are and I know it can be painful. But you can't live for other's expectations!

    Hope things worked out for your workout today!

    ReplyDelete