Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 7: mixed results

Today's a rest day. My back muscles and obliques are the most sore from Bob's core workout yesterday, but overall I feel good.

This morning I got up and checked out my abs in the mirror first thing. I do this every day since I started noticing more definition during Body Revolution phase 2 because even though they aren't perfect i'm still surprised they've come this far. Today they looked their best yet. I couldn't believe it. I flattered myself that i must have really crushed it with Bob.

Next stop was the bathroom where I stepped in the scale and my vanity was checked big time. Up 1.5 pounds from last week. Yep. A pound and a half. Boo. I know it could be water weight and it's just a number, but my pants also felt tighter yesterday so it bothers me.

I'm still not ditching my 1800 calories per day goal just yet. I feel less like a crazy person at this number and being sane is a value of mine. I have room for improvement though. This week I'll abstain from sugary treats altogether during the week and see how that goes. I'm talking to you, candy bowl at work!

I'll also add in another cardio day on Wednesday and I want to up my friday run to 10 miles. Ripped in 30 workout #2 five days next week plus Bob's core workout on the weekend and the short version twice.

This seems like a lot, but it's worth a shot for one week. I'll reevaluate next Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I love your abs, that's so great! I wouldn't worry about the weight gain. My opinion is that you were low on calories for a bit and that your body needed more, so it's just holding on a little tighter to the cals now that you've increased them. Give it a few weeks and I'm sure the scale will go the other way. Sounds like you've got lots of workouts to choose from.

    ReplyDelete