Friday, June 29, 2012

Running, eating

I was able to get in a quickie 3 miler after work and before banjo yesterday so I acheived my goal of 3 runs this week. That run, plus my 7.5 mile run today puts me (barely) over the 100 mile mark for June. Total mileage is 100.5 miles.

My running schedule will still be heavy through July. The third weekend I'm doing yet another race. Have you heard of the Ragnar relay? My work has a couple of teams and I'm on one. It's one of those 200-ish mile races that goes all night long. I have 3 different legs in the race for a total of about 15 miles, but each individual portion is around 5 miles long.

I'm thinking of cutting out the dairy because someone suggested it might help some digestion issues and I thought it was worth a shot. Today I had milk in my americano and a slice of cheese while I was making burgers for the kids.

Speaking of burgers, I made the burgers from the abs diet tonight. Yum! You mush up the burger with oatmeal and spinach and onion. They were a huge hit with the kids and I liked it a lot too.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of awesome things about the Ragnar Relay, good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with how I feel about dairy as well. I used to think it was super healthy for me (my mom has osteoporosis) and I was convinced I needed it for the calcium. Then I had to give it up because my son is dairy sensitive- my acne and allergies were gone! I have slowly been trying to reintroduce it as my son becomes less sensitive and I am breaking out and my allergies are back! I seem to be moodier too when I have dairy.

    I want to believe it's good for me because I love cheese and yogurt!! I was thinking of going this next week without again and seeing how I react.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving up dairy really helped my digestive issues. My husband thinks he's a little lactose so he's cut back on his dairy intake. He still has creamer in his coffee, but he has stopped eating ice cream (often) and drinking milk.

    ReplyDelete