Friday, June 22, 2012

Motivated

The Bar Method class was in-freaking-credible! It was so different and really fun. I was expecting a pilates type class, but this was way more interesting.

We started off doing upper body. I usually will use 5, 8 and 10 pound weights for my Jillian workouts. For this class I used 3s and 4s and it was plenty. The movements are teensy tiny, but you burn! I was really proud of myself for doing all 25 pushups on my toes, but that's where my studliness ended. My legs were shaking uncontrollably through the whole leg part of the workout. I'm talking huge heaving shakes. It was crazy.

I used to think I was pretty strong, now I realize I'm just well adapted to the stuff I do all the time. It's so motivating to be challenged in a new way. I want to go back as soon as possible. The good and bad news is that I won't actually be available until two weeks from now. Bad because I want to go right now but good because the classes are expensive. They run it like a yoga studio where you can buy packages of classes to lower the per class rate. Just doing one class at a time will put you out $24 each time. Buying 10 classes just gets the price down to $21 per class so I think I'm going to pay the full price and see how it goes.

Here's a little motivation for you going into the weekend. Watch it through to the end. This chick's transformation is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In6FszP-o1M&feature=youtu.be

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Bar Method class! I am always looking for new, fun ways to work out. Being mentally engaged in my workouts is crucial for me. I have to be interested. If I get bored, I won't want to do it anymore, and that's when things get dicey!

    I will definitely keep an eye open for a class around here. I'd love to give it a try. And please keep us updated if you go again!

    ReplyDelete