Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 6: my idea of variety

First of all I want to say that I feel great today. I was concerned that jumping back up to 25 running miles in a week would be hard on my body but my hamstrings aren't even sore anymore today. I think having an "easy" week with Jillian may have been a good idea after all.

Still, I wasn't about to do the same workout again today. So I decided to shake it up entirely with...Bob Harper. Haha. Yeah, I loved The Biggest Loser when I used to watch it. I think Bob's adorable. I want to be his friend.

The workout I chose for today was Totally Ripped Core. Oh man! It is incredible! I know people say he's the nice one, but what really stuck out to me with this workout is that he's the calm one (slow movement, holding positions, very high repetitions) while Jillian's the that keeps it changing all the time. Bob's still high energy, but its a different feel for sure. Both are good.

This DVD has two workouts on it. I did the 50 minute one today. Loved it. I will definitely be sore tomorrow in my abs and probably buns too. I'm thinking I'll add in the 10 minute quick bonus workout on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I'm going to hit the showers, make a quick lunch and take my kids to the roller rink for some active fun time.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Bob looks so puny on this DVD compared to what he looks like now. Crossfit has done him some good. I wouldn't have known it was him if it didn't say so on the cover.

    ReplyDelete