Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 10: Happy National Running Day!

I didn't end up running yesterday at all. My kids weren't interested in going with me to the gym and I didn't want to push it. I'm completely at peace with this. I wanted to run 5 days this week and I can still accomplish that.

Last night I did the Bob Harper Totally Ripped Core 10 minute workout. It was all standing moves. I felt like it was a nice quickie. In the first move you hold a weight above your head and then crunch to the opposite side and back up. I feel it a lot in my lower back muscles. It makes me wonder if my back is super weak or what.

Getting out of bed this morning to exercise was a major challenge, but I did it. It's hard to justify lying there in bed when you're already awake and the workout is so short. Remember how bored I was with workout 1 by Wednesday last week? I'm not bored yet this week. I wouldn't expect this from doing the same thing every day with no rest, but I actually have felt stronger each time I do workout 2. There's plenty of room for improvement still, which keeps me motivated.

Food - another 100% day yesterday. I made it to 1800 calories but didn't go over. I was really hungry in the morning so I ate my healthy snacks and by the afternoon I wasn't hungry anymore. No candy or other junk food all day. Still not craving it so that's excellent.

One beverage mistake to report though - I thought it would be nice and relaxing to drink a mug of tea and read a book before going to sleep. I ended up staying up too late to finish a chapter and then waking up twice to pee! Not cool. I'm tired.

My son made it to the baseball championships so I'm going straight home after the game and putting myself to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Nighttime bevvies = waking up lots!! LOL I have this problem when I workout at night because I have to drink lots afterwards. Bleh...

    Glad you are enjoying your new routine, and you are doing so great with your running. Bravo!! Sorry to read yesterday's post about the book, though. As always, you handled it with grace & perspective. That is such a gift you have!

    ReplyDelete