Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 15: Goal Setting

I hereby commit to one completely awesome delicious dessert once per week. These desserts are going to be so great that my sweet tooth will be satisfied for the rest of the week and no other treats will be necessary or desired. I'm really going to enjoy this. I've actually done this challenge before years ago and I lasted about 3 months before I got back into my candy-for-lunch rut. Look forward to food photos.

Today's run was with the gal I'm running the 1/2 marathon with on Saturday. It was a nice, easy 10-minute-mile pace for 4.8 miles, which felt great since it's all of a sudden warm again here. I don't do well in the heat usually. The race is going to be in a part of the state that's about 10 degrees hotter than here. Yikes. Workout 3 of Ripped in 30 will be later tonight so I won't be reporting on it until tomorrow. I've heard it's insaaaaane. I can't wait.

My quartet rocked the wedding yesterday. The acoustics of the venue get some of the credit, but we played really well. I was surprised that I actually got nervous as everyone was walking down the aisle because that's when everyone is actually listening. I play 1st violin so I'm the one who has to set the pace, start the group, and finish us together. It went perfectly and I had a BLAST! I hope we get to do it again soon.

I'm on track to hit my calorie goal for today after kind of a dietary freak out yesterday. Turns out it's not enough to make fun of the pop tarts. You must also get the pop tarts out of your cupboard and into the trash. Whoops. See, if I'd had a planned brownie sundae to look forward to later that evening I'm sure I would have left the pop tarts alone. Thank goodness that's over!

I'm hoping to figure out how I can create a reward system for healthy eating that includes me feeling justified in purchasing the Les Mills Bodypump system. It's hella expensive, but Meghan's making it look good.  To be continued...


3 comments:

  1. Yes! Someone else to join me on the once a week sweet challenge.

    Les Mills is an indulgence for sure, it was my final reward for completing Body Revolution. It really is a fun system, but there are certainly some really awesome less expensive alternatives out there. They (BB) try to justify the costs because all of the equipment comes with it.

    I said I would do a review and I haven't. I have zero shit togetherness.

    CONGRATULATIONS on the wedding. Sounds wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe Oh, I've done that before with the pop tarts... how do they even get in the cupboard! I'm so interested to hear about Level 3. I will be joining you on the Ripped in 30 bandwagaon later on this summer most likely. Of course it depends on how you report it to me, but so far sounds like it is a good program. Good job with the cals today, I know counting calories is not easy, but you've got a good handle on it. And I cannot wait to read and see these delish desserts. This means I am also going to have delish desserts on days you report it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the gig at the wedding went well! The jitters you described when everyone was actually listening during the aisle walk made me laugh. I have a theatre background and I know that feeling so well!

    One awesome dessert a week sounds, well...awesome! My imagination is going crazy with all kinds of decadent ideas! I may end up joining you and Meghan on this challenge...we shall see!

    ReplyDelete