Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 19: I do what I want!

I like Ripped in 30 just fine. The workouts are short and doable. But I like Body Revolution more. I prefer the extra length - that one extra circuit makes a difference for me as far as feeling like I'm getting a thorough workout. It's also still extremely mentally difficult for me to do the same workout 5 days in a row with Ripped in 30. Even with workouts 2 and 3, which I enjoyed more than 1, by Friday I'm just not excited to do it again.

Today was supposed to be my 5th round of workout 3 but I did workout 2 instead. Personally, I think the intensity is similar even though I've read that others think 3 is harder. You do more plank moves in 2 so I feel my abs get a better workout, but workout 3 has some intense cardio segments and hits the quads and triceps hard. It was good to switch it up a little.

Josh exercised with me again this morning. He says he's doing it just so he can make the blog. I actually didn't mention to him that I was keeping a blog until a couple of weeks ago. Haha. This public journal of my body image goals where I post half nekkid pictures of myself is PRIVATE, dammit. I'm a loon.

Last night, as I expected, was my first food temptation of the week. We ate a home cooked meal of grilled salmon, cucumbers and hummus, and black beans. Josh offered me a beer which I declined. It gave me a good opportunity to explain my no booze on work nights goal. Then he offered me a cookie after dinner which I also refused. He knows about my one dessert a week plan so I don't know what that was all about. I wasn't hungry. It wasn't that big of a deal.

Yesterday I ran 7.5 miles in about 62 minutes. I've decided to not run today. Tomorrow's my half marathon. I could probably do a couple miles to shake it out today, but I didn't want to pack the extra clothes. Me and five other gals are leaving right after work and driving up to camp at the race site. It's a trail run. I've never done one of those before. I'm super excited. I don't know how cell phone receptin is up there but I"ll be sure to post either tomorrow or Sunday will a race report.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you mentioned your boyfriend's name before, but I know about 5 people dating Josh's at the moment. He sounds pretty cool though! I like that he likes Jillian- Paul does too! I love how she is totally owning up to the fact that the advice she gave mother's before she became a mother was kinda BS on her podcasts.

    Good luck on the race! I am looking forward to the report. And THANKS for the book rec, it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your blog was private from Josh. I do the same when things are important to me, I have to play it out for myself first, then I get hubby into it. :) Great luck on the run. I have to tune into JM's podcast. I just got a fancy phone, it should be set up by now... I'll get on that. Have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stalking your blog to see how the half went... Thinking of you & hoping you had a blast! Lead the way & inspire me to sign up for one of these long races!!

    ReplyDelete