Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 16: Surprise!

My boyfriend started Body Revolution today. He's talked about wanting to tone up for a long time and he's been complimenting me constantly about my own muscle tone, but I didn't expect that he'd actually want to do the workouts I've been doing. Mostly because he hates mornings.
Yesterday I got Phase 1 back from the girl who I leant it to - it was easy, she hadn't even brought it home - and this morning I get a text with this picture of Jillian Michaels projected onto the boyfriend's wall. You may remember I do my workouts using a tiny travel size tv. He doesn't have a normal tv either. He uses a projector. Quite the opposite effect. His opinion  is that Jillian was annoying at first but he really liked her by about halfway through. Also, his soup cans aren't going to be enough weight. Also, he wants to take a nap now.

Hahahahaha to that! I did Ripped in 30 Workout 3 last night AND this morning, made breakfast for three, packed lunches, did dishes and got us all out the door in pretty good time. Naps are for the weak. (Totally kidding, naps are glorious.)

Now I will talk about Workout 3. Maybe it was the incredible build up about how freaking unreasonable this was going to be, but I didn't think it was that bad. It was hard, but not complicated. There's nothing here crazier than the moves we've already done in Body Revolution. What makes it tricky is that she really hits the same muscles for a lot of moves in a row. The first cicruit burns my quads. The third kills my triceps. I actually had to stop and give myself breaks a couple of times, especially during the last circuits of tricep dips with one leg raised and then the jumping lunges. Room for improvement. It still feels like an incredibly quick workout. I'll be very happy doing this three more times.

My quartet got asked to play for a company party this Friday afternoon. Still no money yet, but I think it will be lots of fun and who knows? Maybe someone there will think of us next time they need background music for something.

One more thing for today: I finally looked through that book about being disappointed in your grown kids that I found on my mom's kindle. It actually had some great advice. It basically said that the days when you were in charge of your children's lives are over. Get a hobby. Love it!

4 comments:

  1. Too funny! David just started Body Revolution today! He's going to do it along with me this second time around. Looks like we've been inspiring the men in our lives!

    Ripped in 30 sounds awesome. Maybe when I'm done with this round of BR I'll pick up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I would love to see my husband attempt Body Revolution. I don't think he would last past week. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha! Too bad he didn't send you a picture of him actually doing body revolution. I made my husband do cardio 1 with me the whole week I did kickstart week. He really likes Les Mills and keeps asking me if I need him to do the workouts to motivate me. His form is AWFUL though and I've stopped trying to correct him.

    I can't believe you are on week 3 of ripped in 30 already! Soon you'll need to decide what's next. Congrats on killing it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome...and yah, he's gonna have to ditch the soup cans! Hahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete