Monday, June 25, 2012

Something New

Thank you so much for the woohoos about my race! I'm so excited about it and it's nice to be able to share my accomplishment with people who are rooting for me.

I am still really sore in the quads today but I got out there with a friend during lunch and we ran 7.5 miles at about an 8:40 average pace. It hurt, but we hadn't chatted in a while so it went by fast and we got all caught up on the office gossip and each other's lives.

Workout 4 of Ripped in 30 was this morning. It's sort of day 29. Which means tomorrow is sort of day 30. I don't really want to do Jillian tomorrow. I'm kind of getting tired of her, to be honest. It was so fun going to the Bar Method class on Thursday that it's put me in the mood to do something different. The only reason I didn't move right on to one of my 60 minute DVDs this morning is that I wanted to sleep in and Jillian's workouts are so nice and short! This is why I will never give her up entirely.

I measured myself this weekend and my stats for Ripped in 30 are...
...drumroll...
Exactly the same as the beginning!

That's right. I've lost no pounds and no inches. Nothing. There was that one week where I ate really well and had one dessert, and then there was last week which involved considerably more sugar. Oops. This week will be another one dessert only week. It's funner that way.

One positive change though is that I have prepared more meals at home. I went out to eat once with a girlfriend in the last 3 weeks. We went to a wine bar and I had chopped salad and wine and salted caramels.

Anyway, back to cutting back on my calories. I'll be going for 1500 this week and see how that goes. I refuse to be miserable and starving, but I know there are times when I can make better choices. I've actually got another race coming up in a few weeks so I have to keep my mileage up which will make me hungry, but there are things I can eat to fuel myself that aren't peanut butter cups. I just need to have them easily accessible all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahah re the Salted Caramels. I love the teeny-tiny font. That made me laugh.

    Have you considered staggering your caloric intake? It might make a difference for you. Try to keep your average at X calories each day, but throw in 1 super high day and 1 super low day. This was an old weight watchers trick for moving off of a plateau - here's an example if 1500 is your target (which I still think feels really low given your activity level):

    M: 1500
    T: 1500
    W: 1800 (make sure this is a rest day)
    Th: 1200
    F: 1500
    S: 1600
    S: 1400

    Just an idea since you seem to want to drop a few more pounds. Perhaps, though, your body is happy & healthy where you are at, Catherine??? You are so fit. Maybe the extra pounds aren't necessary to lose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops -- rest day was supposed to be on the super low calorie day, not the super high one. :p

      Delete