Thursday, June 28, 2012

Presidents, Vampires and Beer

Josh got out of the national guard in January and immediately stopped shaving and getting haircuts. He trims his beard so he still looks as neat as you can when your hair is thick and dark and wavy. He straight up looks like sexy Abraham Lincoln.

So of course when we saw the preview for Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter we started counting down the days. We read the book. He bought a stovepipe hat and made an axe out of cardboard. Last night we went to see the movie and he dressed up and it was really, really fun. The love story was dumb (and not part of the book) but the action scenes were crazy ridiculous exciting.

We like to watch movies at an adults-only place that serves alcohol and bar food. I planned ahead so I wouldn't have to eat dinner there, but I went ahead and had two beers. I worked it so I still came in under 1600 calories for the day.This is a deviation from my alcohol only on weekends rule, but it was something we've been looking forward to for a long time so I made the decision to go with it and abstain from booze one of the weekend days instead.

On Saturday there's another event that's been long anticipated and that involves beer. We won a tugboat pub crawl with some friends at a raffle several months ago and finally were able to schedule it for Saturday night. I think it's going to be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to it. There's still part of me that realizes that this is why my gut won't go away, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to completely distance myself from society and figures that the occasional splurge makes it easier to eat well on the other days.

Workouts: This morning I did workout 4 from Ripped in 30 with Josh. I haven't run since Monday and I won't run today because I just realized I have a meeting all afternoon long. I'm bummed because it's still sunny outside and I'd like to be able to enjoy it, but it's ok. I'll try to get another 7.5 miles in tomorrow and call it good for the week.

Food: I bought the Abs Diet cookbook yesterday. I haven't made anything from it yet but the pictures look great. I read the Abs Diet for Women recently and it sounds really do-able. One of the powerfoods is peanut butter so I threw some in my morning shake. I usually just have milk, half a banana, a scoop of vanilla whey protein and ice. I don't know if the peanut butter should get all the credit, but I feel less hungry this morning so far.

2 comments:

  1. Send an update on the cookbook. I bought the book, and plan to read through it on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social drinking is hard. I try to limit myself to one. That would be hard if going on a bar crawl though. I always feel I HAVE to buy something if I am there!

    Sounds like you had a great time at the movie!! Fun!

    ReplyDelete