Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 36: vacation substitution workout 5

No, I did not substitute another activity for workout 5! I'm not about to quit my streak. Besides, this is my opportunity to jump around without worrying about downstairs neighbors.

You may recall that I only brought 10 lb weights. I realized about 38 minutes ago that the cable would've been a really super thing to have with me too. Oops.

So for the first cable move where you lunge and fly I just laid on my back and did a fly. The second one where it's a cardio move and you punch it out I held my 10 pounders and did it slowly. Trust me, my heart rate was up!

I didn't find it that big of a deal to do all the "medium" and "light" weight exercises with my heavy weights. I just did them a little slower an with fewer reps. It's worth it to me to only have to carry 20 extra pounds in my duffel bag instead of 46.

Here's the view from the bedroom at my mom's place. It's so nice to be here. She made my favorite salad last night wit broccoli, bacon, sunflower seeds, and mayo. I'm going to see if I can make it with turkey bacon and Greek yogurt when I get home.

Also I feel like my breath has tasted like zucchini for two days. Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I really want to try those marinara sticks when I get home, but next time I have a ton of zucchini I'll probably just go ahead an freeze half of it. By the way, the brownies weren't that good. My kids liked them but I wouldn't make them again. A big yay on the hummus and muffins though. I'll post the muffin recipe when I get home. They're only something like 170 calories.

2 comments:

  1. WOO HOO! So impressive that you are keeping up your routine while on vacation. Nice. And I love that broccoli salad, too. I have not figured out how to make it healthier, though - the dressing has a ton of sugar in in (at least my recipe does).

    Congratulations on continuing your streak. Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that....great job with the routine while on vacation. Not sure I have ever had a "bad brownie", aren't brownies like pizza, "even when they are bad they are still good"

    ReplyDelete