Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 61: thank you so much

It's my turn to say thanks so much for the support. I mean it often. It's so fun to read your comments and feel like I'm part of a group even if I'm doing these workouts alone. But your cyber hugs yesterday felt really good.

I just finished workout 9. I like this one. The cardio intervals aren't as hard as other workouts. The last one where you roll on your back and then stand up actually makes my back feel great. The last move is side crunches in a plank position. They were hurting my wrist so the second set I went down to my elbow and as long as I kept up the range of motion I think they worked just as well.

One cool think about this workout I noticed today is that it's mostly body resistance. You bust out light weights for a couple of moves and medium for one move, but you can really get a good workout with no equipment. Something I can keep in mind when traveling.

On the job front, I met with the hiring manager yesterday and was very encouraged. He seemed really happy to have someone pursuing it so aggressively and he said the skills I use in my current department translate really well to this job.

Today I'll be working on my application during my lunch break. My son's baseball coach wants them all at the game an hour early to practice so I'm not sure how I'm going to work that situation. I don't know how other parents pull this of sometimes. I'll have to leave work before 4 so I can get the kids and feed them and everything.

Anyway, I'm feeling better today. Ready for another Best Weekend Ever. This time the staying home with kids edition. Also the no rest day edition since I rested Wednesday. Should be good.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your kids this weekend & I am delighted to hear you are feeling better! This community has been so supportive. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete