Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 52: Cardio 3! Yeeeeaaah baby!!

I waited until the last possible minute to decide if I'd do cardio 2 again for my last week of phase 2 or move on early. As you can see by my post title, I moved on and it was a great choice.

There were a couple of reasons. I'm in pretty good cardiovascular shape and I wasn't really feeling it until halfway through cardio 2. My period started yesterday which for me is a good thing because the premenstual blahs are now over. I slept better last night than in several days so I woke up ready to go. Lastly, Meghan encouraged me to go for it when I was thinking about it this weekend. Thanks, Meghan!

What a great workout! Lots of jumping, but lots of floor moves too. My whole body had to get involved. The moves go by quickly so individual muscles don't get worked to exhaustion except on the jump sequence ending in the lunge jumps. Yeah, that's a challenge.

I see myself doing cardio 3 happily for the next month.

Yesterday I was exhausted and depressed almost all day. Luckily baseball practice was cancelled due to rain so I could just stay home and read and hang with the kids. This sports season has been tough. We have practices or games for at least one of the boys 6 days a week. It's too much. I love kid sports, but I love down time too. I don't know how people with more than 2 kids manage it.

I ate further off plan yesterday than any other time during this program but partly because I need to go grocery shopping and do some planning. There are lots of good recipes I want to try starting with Kelly's Greek nachos. Super excited about that for tonight! I'll have a picture for you tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on Cardio 3!! Way to go - you are inspirational to me. I detest the cardio workouts, and am so in awe of people like you who just kill them each & every time. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love cardio 3! By the end of it I was flat on my back huffing and puffing. I haven't done that in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a person who needs my downtime as well. We are super busy as it is, I'm a little nervous about how much any "downtime" will dwindle once we start a family. (Although I'm sure the rewards will generally outweigh the inconveniences!)

    I'm so excited that you're going to try the Greek nachos! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished up Cardio 3 and I can't believe you are thanking me and not hating me!! I am so glad you liked it! :) I can't believe how much this DVD makes me sweat. I am jealous of your great cardio condition. Way to go above and beyond what the program requires. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe No going back now! I am impressed and inspired by your balance in life and personal time. I start cardio 3 next week... first day will be Apr 27th, and I can't wait to hit it. Thanks for posting and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete