Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 50: What Rest Day?

Yesterday was rest day. It was also gorgeous outside so I packed up the kids and boyfriend headed for the hills. They were champs. The hill was really steep, but I kept them going by playing the hide-and-seek game. The rules were that you had to be visible from the trail. It got SILLY!
We made it up about 2 miles and then ran all the way down. All in all, about 3 hours for a 4 mile trek. My butt muscles are sore today.

After the hike we stopped by a nostalgic type diner restaurant that my boyfriend recommended. The idea was root beer floats. They wouldn't let me order a kid size so I split an adult size with Josh. The kid size floats were in a full size glass. I'm not kidding. They were huge. The adult size was so big that the two of us together couldn't finish it. Insane. The atmosphere was fun, but it was one of those places that's super proud of serving stuff that you shouldn't eat very often. This was the sign on the door:


The fine print is something about how any calories you save ordering a diet coke will be a drop in the bucket so you may as well get the real thing. Ooookay! Josh is one of those people who can eat anything and struggle to keep any weight on. He can't wait to go back. I'm afraid.

This morning was Workout 7 again. I made it through the entire first set of circuit 1 without dropping out of plank position except for the V ups. Then I had nothing left during the cardio interval so I did my best, but had to rest a lot. I only get one more chance at this workout on Thursday so my goal is to push through the cardio intervals. The whole workout went by really fast. It's awesome how freaking hard this was last week and how manageable it is today. So far Workout 7 is my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute family! It sounds like you had a great time!! I am sure you burned off any extra calories with the hike. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome, Catherine! I love that you get your kids involved with being active. That's been a huge goal for me, too...and it is FUN!

    ReplyDelete