Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 54: adios phase 2

I just finished workout 8 for the last time. I have to say, I never mastered the warrior 3 pose although I did much better today. My lightest weights are 5s. The first time I held them out with one in each hand. The other 3 times I just held one with both hands. I kept it it the whole time but it was a struggle to keep my arms straight.

So since I'm doing cardio 3 tomorrow this means phase 2 is over. In phase 1 I lost 5 pounds. In phase 2 I lost nothing. I have a couple of theories on this.

1. The woodchoppers in weeks 5 and 6 were brutal on my knees so I had to cut way back on running and then an unusual schedule the last couple of weeks left me running only a couple days a week.

2. I feel so deprived on 1200 calories a day that I snack during the week and overdo it on the weekends.

My knees feel better and my schedule will normalize starting tomorrow so running will ramp back up.

As for calories, I'm tackling the weekend head on. This weekend I'm kicking off phase 3 with "The Best Weekend Ever."

This is something I invented and it has to do with making good food choices. I'm not going to be counting to 1200 these days. I'm going to be smart. The whole goal is to feel good about my weekend come Monday without being obsessed with food.

Because in my version of the best weekend ever I am definitely not looking at every bite of food as a reflection on my character. I'm going to a jazz show, a couple of little league games, maybe taking a solo bike ride to the food coop, and seeing a friend's dance performance.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I should mention that I do have more muscle tone than 4 weeks ago. I didn't measure to begin with so I can't quantify it, but my arms are looking pretty good these days.

Happy Friday! What are your goals for the weekend?

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on finishing phase 2. Sadly, the woodchoppers are back in workout 10. I am sure your knees are stronger though and will be able to handle it! Have a great 'Best Weekend'. My goals are to just kick this cold and start week 11 awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing Phase 2!

    I love the idea of the "best weekend" so very much! Please let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea! And it's such a necessity. What are we all going to do when this program is over? We need to be able to make those choices in our everyday lives, no matter how busy or what else is going on. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete