Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 55: my phase 2 reward

I've been wanting a juicer off and on for years. This week I bought one. This is completely frivolous. I have no problems eating actual veggies. You've seen my breakfast veggie sauté with eggs. I'm thinking that meal will be less appealing as the temperature rises though.

Basically, I wanted it so I bought it.

I also wanted to try chia seeds so I bought those too. They're actually really good. They're small like kiwi seeds but they have an outside bit that expands in liquid so it's kind of like tapioca. That sounds gross but it's good and makes the juice feel more filling.

The Best Weekend Ever is going really well. I went out to Thai food last night and ordered a curry, dumped tons of spicy stuff on it, and ate half. It was delicious.

Then I went to see a burlesque show. It was a fundraiser for a local music event. I had 2 vodka sodas with lime within 3 hours. Low cal, special, and not overboard.

Today I woke up late and went out for breakfast. I genuinely wanted the smallest thing on the menu. It was still a high calorie item: sourdough breakfast sandwich with egg, turkey and cheese. I treated it as brunch, had this juice and a hard boiled egg for my lunch/snack meal, and will finish the curry after I get back from my son"s baseball game in a couple hours.

Tonight I'm going to a bluegrass jam. I may have a glass of wine if I feel like it. Part of this experiment in making good choices is "no guilt allowed." because I'm not eating mindlessly or excessively.

I just finished cardio 3. Man, that first circuit feels like it goes on forever. Still a fun workout.

This juice here has pineapple, melon, carrot, broccoli, apple, and chia seeds. It was hella good, yo.

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried making a veggie/fruit smoothie before. I have a hard time imagining it is good! But then why would company's bottle it, and why would you make it? I'm going to have to try one, one of these days. Good job finishing phase 2! No, great job!!

    ReplyDelete