Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 57: workout 9

I just finished workout 9 for the first time. I didn't feel like It was a huge leap in intensity from weeks 7 and 8. The moves are unusual though so it would have been helpful to watch it in advance. I liked that they were unusual. I definitely wasn't bored.

The trickiest move for me is when you're in plank on your elbows and rock forward into plank on your hands. It sends a sharp twinge into my shoulder. Not a muscle thing but something else. I need to figure out the form.

This workout was perfect for me this morning because the cardio intervals aren't super intense. I'm sweating and everything, but not like in week 7.

Yesterday for my rest day I went on a 40 mile bike ride. 20 miles there and back to a farmers market. It was a gorgeous day and the bike path is along the water with the mountains in the background. Tons of people were out. We get really excited in Washington when the weather is good.

I applied sunscreen twice but still noticed this morning that I have a nasty burn on one shoulder.

This was a great weekend food wise. Changing my thinking from "all or nothing" to "just make good choices" was very liberating.

I thought of it as treating myself. My treat is a skinny day today. The scale didn't budge again this week but I feel skinny and not like I have to make up for anything I did this weekend. It's a great feeling.

3 comments:

  1. I love your thought changing from 'all or nothing' to just making good choices. It does eliminate the disappointment from eating something you think you shouldn't. I am also happy to hear about workout 9, as it sounds like a great workout. Will only get better the next time around with the unusual moves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about Washingtonians enjoying those rare sunny days! We spent ours on a little hike. I also like your "good choices" theory. It helps make it so you don't feel like you're depriving yourself of anything.
    Oh, a trick I've learned with the arm planks is when I am on my forearms I have my toes dug into the ground. As I come up I move to the tips of my toes. That helps me not be so wobbly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your weekend experiment worked! It's such a good mindset to have, and not cut yourself down for perceived mistakes (which probably aren't mistakes at all).

    I love farmers markets! What a lovely way to spend your rest day!

    ReplyDelete