Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 47: Feeling Good!

I didn't have the cookie. Instead I had a bottle of Talking Rain (zero calories and fills the belly!) and an apple with a little peanut butter. A big motivation for not indulging was that I didn't want to have to write a poor me post about how guilty I felt about my bad choice. I'm so over that. It's an old story and not very interesting.

I went out to dinner at a brewery after quartet rehearsal last night. It was the viola player's birthday celebration. I had a small sip of my boyfriend's beer and ordered water and a bbq chicken salad - no dressing. It was delicious.

A couple people asked why I wasn't drinking. I hate having to explain myself about anything, especially diet related. I floundered and said something like "I'm just doing water tonight." Not really an answer. Next time I'll say that I'm saving it for the weekend. I shouldn't stress about this, but I do. The other girls were drinking wine with no dinner at all. Wine is not a meal replacement!

The side effects of my no booze experiment (2 nights out so far) are that I'm drinking more water at night so that I wake up more often having to pee, I feel like a party pooper, and I got my flat belly feeling back. I can solve the first problem by ordering water and not drinking as much of it. I'm hoping the party pooper feeling will fade in time. Hooray for the flat belly feeling!

This morning was Workout 8! Those warrior 3's with the weights were MUCH easier today. I held it the entire time with my one 5 pound weight. I think next time I'll try my 8 pounder. Is that crazy? The move I really don't like is a bicycle-like ab move with the cable. It takes me forever to wrap the cable and then it's uneven and I really don't even feel it. I may just do regular bicycle crunches going forward. My abs are not sore from yesterday's Workout 7. Either I didn't hit it hard enough or my body is an amazing strength building machine. Hard to tell.

I hope everyone is having a great day so far! Thanks so much for reading my blog and commenting. I can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to use your writing as a motivation for not having that cookie. Good choices! Sometimes that all we need - knowing if we eat it, we'll have to admit it - no more secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Your friends might think you are pregnant!! I felt the same way with the bicycle abs. I totally get what you mean about taking forever to wrap your cable. There is a really great cable move in workout 10 where you do a curtsy lunge and hold the cable out in front of you and pull it back as you lunge. No worries about wrapping it or standing on it just right so the sides are even. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete