Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 46: Stuff you should know about Workout 7

Today was my 2nd attempt at Workout 7. After I did it the first time on Monday it took about 10 hours until my abs were very VERY sore. They were sore throughout all of Tuesday and then fine yesterday. This morning I was ready to hit it again.

I willed myself through the entire first set of the first circuit because I like having sore abs and I want that feeling again. I did every single move. I go down on my knees to rest in between exercises for sure, but during the moves I was full force. The second set I did my best but there was resting involved. Room for improvement. I have a feeling I'll be using this DVD even after the 90 days are over.

Here's what I want you to know about Workout 7: on the 3rd circuit there's a move where you're doing a pushup with one leg raised. After you do one side, Jillian tells you to switch to the other side and then says "just kidding!" You actually hit the other side on the second set. This has fooled me both times because I can do about 9 of these with the right leg raised and then I have to stop, so I'm ready to go when she says switch and I start doing the move. If I can remember that it's over when it's over I'll have an easier time pushing through.

Moving on. Last week I felt really proud of my progress, especially in the stomach area. But ever since Sunday I've felt like I'm back to square one. I notice a lot more stomach flab and I hate it. I thought it was because of too much beer on Saturday (and I'm sure that played a part) and also taking a week off of running because of my knee (also probably played a part). Now I think it's also girl-hormone related. Triple attack! Annoying, but at least it will pass in a few days, I hope.

I loved being that excited about my abs and I'm going to get that feeling back. Yesterday there was a last minute change of plans so my ex had the kids and I had to improvise. I went to Red Robin with my boyfriend and we split a burger - my calories were around 500 according to myfitnesspal. Then we went to a bar to see a friend play in a band. I ordered water, people. Me! Water! You know why? Because I wanted water more than I wanted beer and I do what I want. Boo-YEAH!

We stayed at his place last night because it was closer to the bar and his work and we were tired. I knew I'd have zero spare minutes today to go home for workout 7 unless I got up early. So that's what I did. I set my alarm for 5:30 and drove my ass home. I had to come up this way anyway because of a dentist appt at 8 so this just meant leaving earlier. Boyfriend wasn't thrilled with my decision, but this is important to me so I did it.

So I've regained my pride in a major way. I still feel flabby, but I'm doing things right and staying on track. Can't wait to see if the abs get sore again later today.

2 comments:

  1. haha I love your determination. And congrats to a day of great choices! Sometimes I find when I am losing weight I look flabbier... Not sure why, but almost like the flab was holding my shape up. If that makes any sense! I also found I was sorer this morning from yesterdays workout, and stiff in the quads by yesterday evening. The day of cardio tomorrow should loosen me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are always the hardest on ourselves. That first circuit in workout 7 is KILLER, way to go not modifying! Awesome will power on ordering water, that is determination!

    ReplyDelete