Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 40: awkward social situations

Just finished up workout 6...forever! I kept to my heavy 10 pound weights when she said medium just like when I was in vacation. I had been thinking of getting myself a digital scale as a 2 week reward but now I'm thinking 12 or 15 pound weights would be much better for me physically and emotionally.

I've been raving about the body revolution to a couple of co-workers and yesterday one of them asked if I would meet her early in the gym so we could do them together. She's really fun, but there's a part of me that thinks "No! You can't just start out at week 7! Don't you appreciate what I've been through? There's no way you could possibly keep up!"

Im so full of crap sometimes.

Anyway, I can't get to work any earlier than I already do. I suggested we meet in Saturday to do cardio 2 and then I'll lend her phase 1. I hope she likes it. She's seeing a nutritionist right now and is looking to make some changes although she kinda has a history of talking a lot about starting a program and then not doing it. This is one of the reasons why I'm not so sure about this situation and then I feel guilty for not being supportive.

Switching gears: Tonight I'm going over to a friends house for a tequila tasting. I haven't known her very long. She's actually more a friend of the boyfriend's. She has a few varieties and I think it will be interesting to see if I can taste a difference.

The second objective if the evening is to go through her match.com profile and help her respond to some eligible bachelors. She says she's been on the site for ages but is too freaked out to respond to anyone. Should be a hoot.

My game plan is to eat like normal throughout the day so I'm not starving when I get there. This saving up calories for a splurge later in the day has backfired on me about a million times so it's about time to try a new strategy.

4 comments:

  1. That's a tough one, regarding your colleague. Sounds like she needs to invest in the program first, or she may not have enough to keep going. I find people that aren't sure what they want will keep on something if they had to shell out for it first. Good job getting your workout done this morning! And I like the idea of getting heavier weights as a reward, it will push you harder, and is better than a scale (just shows you numbers...). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine starting on week 7! Even if you're already a fit person, so much of the program is focusing on proper form and a steady progression, I think it's really important to start at the beginning.

    Personally, I'm really uncomfortable working out with other people. Classes are different, somehow, they're designed to be done by groups, and I am aware of that going in, so I'm not phased. Oftentimes it even motivates me more! But when I'm just doing a dvd or my own thing, I like to be alone so I can really focus without getting self-conscious. It's hard for me sometimes to even do my dvds while David is wandering around the apartment getting ready in the morning (which is unavoidable).

    The tequilla tasting sounds like so much fun! And I definitely think eating regular meal before hand is the way to go. So much better to not walk in to a situation like that and be starving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chatted with her this morning when I gave her phase 1. It sounds like she really has her head in a good place right now so maybe this will be just the thing. She's always shelling money out for stuff - weight watchers, now this nutritionist - and still bailing so I don't know. I'm more excited about being a support person for her now, but I'm not going to go out of my way to work out with her. I hate having people watch me exercise too. That's one of the reasons I wake up early to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish your colleague all the best. I'm sure you've been a great source of inspiration to her & it will be fun to support her through the program if she sticks with it.

    Way to get after Workout #6 for the final time!! I cannot wait to hear about 7 & 8 next week.

    Have fun tonight!!

    ReplyDelete