Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 44: workout 8 and my huge breakfast

I was really tired yesterday so I went to bed at 9 and was asleep by 9:30. Then I kept waking up! It was awful.

So when I finally got out if bed around 5:15 I wasn't feeling ready to workout. Fortunately, true to the pattern, the 2nd workout of the week isn't as hard has the first. Workout 8 was tough, but the really hard part wasn't until circuit 3.

Let's chat about circuit 3. It's sadistic. You go from flys in a crescent lunge for the first move to balancing on one leg in a flat back position with your other leg behind you while holding weights in front of you. It kills. Jillian suggests 3 pound weights but my smallest are five so I put one down in between and held one with both hands.

There are some more cable moves here but I didn't like them as much. It takes me forever to wrap them just right twice around my feet and still they feel uneven like the tension is off.

Moving on to food. I lost my mind this last weekend and did some damage. The scale is up a pound and i feel it. Therefore, I have declared this week "no cheat week" for me. That means no food cheating. At all. No booze. No sugar. No nibbling. It's going to be good. I can do this!

Here's what I've been having for breakfast lately. I have to be aggressive with the veggies in order to use up all the stuff I get in my csa box each week.

Today's medley includes kale, broccoli rabe, garlic, green onion, tomato, carrot, and orange bell pepper. I splash the veggies with champagne vinegar and fry an egg on the side. It makes for a huge breakfast and it keeps me full till lunchtime.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting right back on track with the food! That workout sounds soooo difficult - way to get after it!

    ReplyDelete