Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 58: workout 10

This workout is hard. I'm dripping sweat right now. This will be for me what workout 7 was in the last couple of DVDs. A gauge for improvement.

Weighted cardio is killer. Probably harder than any of the strength moves although those were plenty hard too. Woodchoppers are back. You know how I feel about those. Ugh. I'm focusing extra hard on the down and up motion trying to not twist my knee.

My favorite move today was the pigeon. I think it was with a bicep curl. You stand on one leg and cross your ankle over your knee an squat. It was a great stretch for my butt.

Now I want to talk about trouble zones. Not muffin top or jiggly arms, but those places where you go and there's crap food everywhere. Specifically work and kid sporting events.

Today my department is having a couple of celebrations. One is for a birthday and the other is for a guy returning from competing in a 100k race. There will be brownies and cheesecake. My boyfriend made the cheesecake specifically because he knows I like cheesecake. I like it a lot. I don't even know how to work this into my calorie allowance except to run long during my lunch break to make up for some of it. I've been on such a roll with the good eating too!

There are candy bowls all over the place at work. I used to grab a couple handfuls every day and another on my way out. I still sometimes will take a piece but it's probably once a week and only one.

Another trouble zone is more for parenting. I've got baseball games three times a week right now. When I was a kid the treat after the game would maybe be a granola bar or an otter pop. Now it's a full on goody bag with multiple processes items in it. Capri sun, teddy grams, fruit snacks. Kids aren't hungry for dinner after all that! Peewee football was even worse. When we had a game near Halloween a parent brought each of the boys a lunch sack filled with candy. It's no wonder Americans are overweight.

That's my little rant for the day.

I'm taking a coworker out to coffee this morning because she's quitting to be a stay at home mom. I'm trying to decide if I want to go after her job.

Quartet practice tonight. Hopefully early to bed and early to rise tomorrow for cardio 3.

3 comments:

  1. It's so hard when you're surrounded by unhealthy food all the time.

    Cheesecake is my FAVORITE. Like, absolutely unquestionably my favorite thing on earth. I have it every year on my birthday in lieu of a regular birthday cake. But because of that, I try not to have it any other time. My birthday is coming up in July and I am seriously DREAMING about cheesecake as it gets closer! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! I remember getting orange slices @ half time at my soccer games. I can't believe they give all that to kids. MMMMMM..... cheesecake. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do NOT get the woodchoppers. I'm typically so off-balance that I feel like I'm not working anything. If I AM on balance, the only place I feel them is in my obliques on the way back up. Is that right??

    I don't get why kids' sporting events have turned into a free license for eating junk. It almost negates the health benefits that they achieved during the practice. Drives me crazy...

    ReplyDelete