Sunday, April 1, 2012

Zucchini results

I'm down from 12 zucchini to 4 as if this writing. A couple I sautéed and ate with my morning eggs. One I made into hummus and ate with cucumber and radishes. Three I made into brownies (recipe on allrecipes.com) and two I baked in some muffins. Y

Did you know about a site called skinnytaste.com? A friend told me about it and I found a tasty looking recipe for baked zucchini fries with marinara. This is what I'll be doing on Wednesday night. It looks amazing. Lots of other tasty looking recipes on there.

Today is rest day so let's recap the week. I'm not super happy about it. I got all the workouts in, but I cut back on my usual running because if the knee issue. It feels better today so I'll go running tomorrow but I only ran Monday and Tuesday this week for about 5 miles each and then did the elliptical for an hour on Wednesday.

Food was also not the best. I was all ready to make healthy choices at the work function on Thursday night but the only food was fried nastiness. A friend just ordered a regular meal on her own and that's what I should have done. Instead I held off until I was starving and then ate a ton because I couldn't take it anymore. I will do much better next time.

Im waiting for the ferry right now to take me to my mom's place. She has a digital scale so that will be interesting. Mine is a cheapie with a needle.

I brought my little travel DVD player and my videos but I didn't want to carry three sets of weights with me so I just brought the tens.

I have this thing where I hate having people look at me while I exercise. I'm hoping to wake up early and workout before anyone can see me.

Here are some picks of my zucchini creations. I'm on the blogger mobile app so I cant embed them nicely into my post but there you have it.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you made all of that with zucchini! I must try some of those recipes. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! All of those zucchini creations look delicious! If you still have some leftovers and are nervous about being able to use them up before they go bad, you can always shred them, drain them, and then freeze them! I do that with a few every year. Once zucchini season starts around here, we always get waaaaaaaaaay more than we need. The frozen zucchini is perfect for baking! Either in muffins or a casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH those muffins, gulp. Muffins were my demise last week and yours look so yummy. Great job with all the ideas.

    ReplyDelete