Friday, May 4, 2012

Cardio 3 and I are friends again

It took me 10 weeks to realize why the cardio dvds are such a drag, but I finally had a breakthrough today. I went home during my lunch break to get in my Cardio 3 since I won't be able to do it this weekend and I have Body Revolution induced OCD which makes me need to get my workouts in one way or another each week or I fear something awful will happen, like weight gain.

It happened right away. The first two seconds of the first move. I was having an awesome time. It was fun. A couple more moves in and I was jumping as high as David (or imagining I was). I had tons of energy the whole entire time.

My theory is that it was because I wasn't doing it at 5:30 in the morning. My evidence is that every time I've done a cardio dvd on the weekend in the afternoon it's been a lot more fun and I've done a lot better with it.

Conclusion - it's not Cardio 3, it's me. Cardio is funner when I'm fully awake.

In other news. I've felt starving for 2 days now. Really, really hungry. I've already eaten all my calories for today and it's 3pm. I tried drinking water and waiting half an hour and eating a piece of fruit and waiting another half an hour, but I'm legit hungry.

In cases like these I feel like the best solution is to just eat. I've given up on worrying about calories now and I'm just going to focus on eating good, clean food and being mindful.

Full disclosure: I was mindful of a couple fun-size MnMs earlier today and I hope to be mindful of at least one glass of wine tonight. Today that's the best I can do.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I love your OCD, and I feel the same way. I cannot imagine going to bed without getting the workout done. It's ingrained!

    I also agree time of day makes a huge difference in workout motivation. I always work out after breakfast in the mornings, and find the workouts much harder later in the day. Although I don't often workout in the afternoon, certainly evening workouts are difficult for me.

    I eat more than what Jillian recommends, and I net about 1750 calories a day. I see steady weight loss. I would say you should eat a bit more if you are hungrier. Add some protein, nuts or avocados. And good on your for making room for some wine. It's all about balance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Catherine!! Isn't it just a blast when the workouts feel great? Glad to hear you went with the decision to feed your hunger. If your metabolism is really revved up, sometimes you need to provide extra fuel :) That's all good!!

    Wine & M&Ms=good. Just not when consumed at the same time :P LOL

    ReplyDelete