Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 65: Feeling Great!

I feel amazing. Just really positive and really happy and like I have my shit together. Shit togetherness is one of those things that if you take a big picture view it can be overwhelming - excercise, kill it at work, be the best mom I can be, have a clean and organized home, make the best food choices all the time, be awesome at the banjo and violin, get in some good time with the girlfriends, get in some good time with the boyfriend. On top of that the book club pick this month is Watership Down and I don't care about talking rabbits at all but I'm determined to finish this book and find something positive to say about it. Three hundred pages to go.

You know what's the least time consuming thing I can do to accomplish this list? Body Revolution. It's half an hour a day. Getting up at 5:30 is really helping me to set a good tone for my days. I have time to make lunches for me and the kids, spend a little quiet time with myself, and not feel rushed. Even though my food choices aren't always right on target, eating healthfully doesn't take any more time than eating crap.  Well, I guess technically there's more cooking involved and planning, but it's not like driving through McDonalds would have any positive affect on my life. Not in the way that Greek Nachos have had a positive affect on my life.

Mmmm...Greek Nachos.

Workout 10 was this morning. It's "the hard one" this week. It was my best ever. I really felt good about it. Even all of the weighted jumps were just fine. It will be interesting to see if I get sore again this time around. I had to laugh at myself though at the beginning of circuit 4 because I honestly couldn't remember which moves were coming up and Jillian says something like, "I want you to really ATTACK this circuit!" I was really building myself up about it. And then it's the easiest one of the 4. Ha! I still attacked it.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm so happy for you! Those days where you just feel like you are walking on air are the best. At even better: You've EARNED that feeling. Things are in balance because you're there every day, making the choices and putting in the work in all areas of your life. Which is SO inspiring!

    And Greek Nachos just make everything perfect. You've got me craving them again. I should put them on the grocery list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Shit togetherness" is my new most favorite phrase!

    Kelly or Catherine: Please re-post the greek nacho recipe!! Must try them.

    You are an awesome person doing awesome things. Thanks for the smile today. Go get 'em and keep inspiring us all!!!

    (Total aside: Talking rabbits...how did that book become a classic??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,

      Greek Nachos don't have a recipe per se. You make them by feel. For mine:

      I cut up some whole wheat pita into triangless, sprinkle with olive oil and good salt, and toast in the over until crispy.

      Meanwhile, I browwn some ground lamb (you can sub ground beef if you like. Or, I suppose, even ground turkey) in a skillet, and dice up some tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers (and onion if you like; I don't).

      When the pita chips are ready, pile them on to a plate and top with the lamb and diced veggies. Add some feta cheese and a dollop of tzatziki (yogurt sauce). Eat while lamb and chips are still warm.

      To make the tzatxiki (yogurt sauce):

      De-seed some cucumbers (or use English cucumbers. they're already seedless) and dice up into very small pieces. Put in a strainer and sprinkle liberally with salt. Let the excess liquid drain out. Combine the cucumbers with really thick Greek yogurt, some lemon zest and a tiny bit of lemon juice (a teaspoon or so. Not much), garlic, and lots and lots of dill (or mint; we prefer dill). The mixture will be thick and creamy and DELICIOUS. You can make it up to a day or so ahead and keep it in the fridge.

      You can also just top with plain greek yogurt, but I encourage you to make the tzatziki; it's sooooooo good!

      I first talked about them here: http://bodyrevolutionbride.wordpress.com/2012/04/14/day-32-33-busy-as-a-bee-2/

      Delete
    2. Whoa, so many typos in there! Perhaps I need a second cup of coffee!

      Delete
  3. ha ha! I am jealous of your shit togetherness! I so wish for a clean and organized home.

    This post made me smile, I am so glad you are feeling great.

    You are rocking it! Workout 10 is tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe Greek Nachos!! I still have to make those... thanks for a great weds night dinner idea :) Love your frame of mind and attitude, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete