Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 73: Workout 12 is da shiznit

Love, love, LOVE! I did Workout 12 for the first time last night. It gets the abs working and was really fun. The only thing I don't like  is the super cheesy "chariots of fire" type music at the beginning. It's so over-the-top, but so is our dear Jillian so I guess it works. Workouts 11 and 12 are going to be a great way to finish this thing off.

Workout 12 makes me feel strong. The moves are creative. Challenging, but doable. The really help me see how far I've come in terms of strength and balance. The wheel pushups are so goofy but I like them because, hey, why not go upside-down in a bridge position and then do a pushup? My back will be much more flexible a couple of weeks from now. Or I may be in a full body cast. Stay tuned!

I went to bed at a normal time last night and hit Cardio 3 this morning. Still kind of sleepy today, but I'll make it through. I have quartet practice tonight after work and then I'm off to check out the new Buffalo Wild Wings that just opened. Good luck to me!

Thanks, everyone, for the comments and encouragement. I had a dream that I randomly met all of you in Houston but we couldn't chat for very long because I had to go defend my family from a man riding a moose.

I haven't had much encouragement from people in "real" life so it's been so nice to get it here. My boyfriend doesn't like that I get up early and have to spend every weeknight at my place and none at his. My usual running buddy doesn't get why I don't want to run to exhaustion every day like before. I don't get a lot of flack, but there's enough.

Anyway, thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Your dream almost made me spit out my water!! It's funny how this has become so ingrained in our lives that it is now infesting our dreams! Thanks JM :) Glad to hear Workout 12 rocks. I do it for the first time tomorrow, so I'm now looking forward to it rather than dreading it. I loved workout 11, as it's challenging and I can improve, but also because there are do-able moves. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Standing O for rocking workout 12!! WOO HOO!!!

    Defending your family from a man riding a moose??? Bwahahahahahahaha! Are you sure you aren't Minne-soh-tan?? :-)

    I hope Cardio 3 was as good as the last time you did it. Your energy is certainly contagious & make me believe that I will NOT die when I enter Phase 3 next week.

    ReplyDelete