Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 76: return of the willpower

Woah. I did awesome yesterday despite being surrounded by free food all day. I don't know where this self restraint came from.

There was a potluck for the gal who sits next to me because it was her last day at work. Our desks were the gathering place for all the goodies including a whole foods chocolate cake, cinnamon rolls, and cookies.

Under normal circumstances I would've just had a piece if cake, but since I've eaten so much candy this week I just couldn't justify it so I didn't.

Later in the afternoon was the first "Friday run" party of the year at my company. In the summer we have an organized run/walk time at 3:30 on Fridays and then we all head to the cafeteria for free snacks and beer and a raffle. Free beer. I had none. I didn't want it.

So that's what I didn't eat. Here's what I ate:

Breakfast - chicken sausage wrap from Starbucks and some fruit brought in for the potluck.

Lunch - reasonable portions of chopped salad, pasta salad, veggies from the potluck. This was spread out enough that it counts as snack too.

Dinner - 2 scrambled eggs. Sautéed zucchini, 4 green onions, 6 shiitake mushrooms.

My run was great. I started out with my usual running buddy because our pace is similar but she's training for a 50k and wanted to go farther. I finished by myself and really cranked it out. I've been stressed this week about the job and feeling anxious and overbooked so it felt so good to work all that out at a good speed. The weather was amazing too which always helps.

Today should be good. I have baseball games to attend and camping to prepare for. One of my sons has a birthday party to go to so I'll get some one-on-one time with the other. That's rare and I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome willpower! Sounds like a tempting spread! I hope you hear about your job soon! Have a great time with your son! Only two more body revolution weeks left for you! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot!! Impressive, sister. Way to go with the willpower of steel. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete