Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 1: Ripped in 30 begins!

Just finished workout 1 of Ripped in 30 and I think this is going to be good for where I am and what my goals are for the next 30 days--getting back in running shape for my half marathons and maintaining my new muscle tone.

I was concerned at first because the warmup is slow and goes on for a while, but on regular work days when I'm doing this at 5:30 am I'm sure I'll appreciate it.

There are three circuits of 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minute abs. The pace felt quicker than in Body Revolution because you're not going back and doing the strength moves again after the cardio interval. Also, there are only 3 circuits so I was surprised when the workout was already over after the third one.

I used all three sets of my weights: 10s, 8s, and 5s. I used the heaviest I could handle for each move and did the advanced version whenever possible. There was sweat involved.

My only complaint really is that fast feet are back. I will never understand the purpose of this move. I don't feel anything except for my butt jiggling!

Anyway, it's Memorial Day here in the US so no work or school! Hooray! I'll take the kiddos to the gym and get my 4 miles in on the treadmill layer today. I took them to a music festival downtown yesterday so I promised today would be a hang out at home day. It will be good for me to get organized and clean the place so I can feel like I'm getting a fresh start.

For meals I've been going through that binder of magazine recipes that I made a few months ago and picking recipes I want to try. Last night was salmon with citrus salsa and a side of sautéed yellow squash. Yum!

Today I'll try a lower cal version of chocolate chip cookies and a burger recipe from another magazine. I love food.

1 comment:

  1. haha I love how there was sweat involved. Like it just sort of happened :) Glad to hear ripped in 30 starts well and goes quick. But those fast feet! I know what you mean. I basically just try to move my leggies as fast as possible and hope for the best. Enjoy your day at home.

    ReplyDelete