Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 89!!: EIGHTY-NINE!!!!!!!!!!

Last time workout 12. I did 16 wheel pushups per circuit. Loved every minute of it. This one and workout 7 may be my favorites in the series. I'll definitely be coming back to this in the future. This leaves one more Cardio 3 tomorrow and I'm DONE.

Well, sort of. I'll be done with the official Body Revolution, but I'm not done with working out and I'm not done with Jillian. I'm calling next month "Phase 4." I'm going to have to ramp up the running again because I have 2 half marathons coming up at the end of June. I'm not willing to give up any of the muscles I've gained and I'm not willing to wake up more than half an hour early every day for workouts like I've been doing for the last 3 months. So here's what I've got coming up:


Yup, I'm pretty sure Meghan guessed this one in advance. Jillian talked about it in her podcast as something tougher than Body Revolution so it seemed like a good next step. More 30 minute workouts, but the difference is that you have the same workout every single day (5 or 6 days) in a week and then you move to a different workout the next week.

I'll also be getting 3-4 runs in a week. Two easy 4-5 milers and two harder 7-10 milers. And upping my calories to 1800. I'm going to sit myself down this weekend and draw out a plan for the week. I'm very excited about phase 4 because I'll be switching it up, but not too much.Also, I'll have measurements to go by. That will be new for me.

I went roller skating last night and a place that does adults only nights on Thursdays. One of the friends I went with is so good. Actually most of the people who show up are really good. I just go around in circles and try to not fall down. It's amazing how fun that can be.

In other excellent news for today - my quartet just landed a couple of gigs. We've been practicing for a couple of months, but hadn't really set anything up officially. We had a nibble from a group my mom volunteers for but it was in the middle of the day in the middle of the week and we all work, obviously. Anyway, the first is for a wedding in a couple of weeks. No money, but it will be great experience. The second is for my company holiday party and we will get paid. I don't know how much and it's really far off, but I'm so excited!


4 comments:

  1. OMG! Only one more workout left for you Catherine! CONGRATULATIONS for making it! I hope you are brave and post some pics. From what I heard less than 40 % of the test group made it through the program- so this is a huge, huge accomplishment.

    I think you'll find level 1 of RI30 pretty easy, but the rest are hard. I think you'll love it. I love that it is your 'phase 4'!

    I am also going to measure this week! I actually got a measuring tape with my Les Mills pump kit. Good luck with RI30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and congrats on your quartet gig- how cool is that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to hearing your reports on les mills. It looks good! Thanks for the congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe it!? I'm excited for you to start Ri30. Glad you will be taking measurements, I like using them as an indicator of success. Good luck tomorrow! So good, congrats!

    ReplyDelete