Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 81: home with a sick kid

He doesn't look sick, does he? My youngest threw up last night. I think he's fine now but I'm staying home with him today. This means two things.

1. I got to sleep in until 7am before getting up for workout 11.

2. I will be playing monopoly all day long.

I was able to find some before pictures from last November when I just started lifting weights so I'll post those in 9 days. Honestly, I'm not sure you'll be able to see much of a difference. I think there's a difference, but it's subtle. I really should've taken measurements.

The Jillian Michaels podcast was interesting this week. She talked a little about body revolution at the end and said its not really for the person looking to lose 10 pounds. She said taking someone who's basically fit down to 1200 calories would mess up their metabolism. Now you tell me!

I hit 1200 calories on some days, but not often. If I do it more than 3 days in a row it leads to overeating by the fourth day. 1500 calories seems to be doable but I'm not losing any weight. I don't know what the best thing to do is.

Even if BR wasn't meant for someone like me, I think it's been worth it. I've definitely gotten into the habit of working out in the mornings. I'm planning on keeping that up when this is over.

I ordered a couple of new DVDs to use next. One based on Jillian's recommendation from her podcast. I'll let you know what it is on day 91.

4 comments:

  1. oh man- he is a cutie! I hate how Jill does that! I did the 30 day shred 30 days in a row, then I heard her say on a podcast she never intended for it to be done that way. I never went down to 1200 calories though, so I'm not complaining, I really enjoyed the workouts.

    Have a great day with your son. Awesome bonus sleeping in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you KIDDING ME?!?!? You know I haven't been following the food plan, but it does confirm what I've been suspect: BR alone isn't going to take off those last 10 lbs, even if I am more diligent about my food. My weight was plummeting last week when I added in cardio 5x/week; but it came right back up after 2 days of less-than-perfect eating and has yet to return now that I'm only doing a single workout each day. Frustrating.

    To maintain right now, I eat between 1600-1800 calories/day + the single, 35 min workout. For me, the biggest food factors for getting the scale to move is that the calories have to be healthy, minimal sugar of any kind (including natural), watch the sodium, and keep my carb-protein-fat ratios somewhere around 40-30-30. If I do all of that (ha!) and exercise, the scale will move...to a point. I've yet to be successful to get it below my lowest weight last summer when I was running most days of the week, so who knows what it would take exactly!

    Your boy is a doll. I hope you had fun playing Monopoly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I hope I didn't mess up my metabolism! Although I will say that it did help me get tone in certain places I had trouble toning before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! I have to start listening to her podcasts. I always mean to but just haven't. I will check that out tonight. I found that when I was following the suggested meal plan I was not getting enough calories and had to increase them. If you visit fat2fitradio.com and click on 'All Calculators' (right hand side of screen) and do the Military Body Fat calculator to calculate your body fat percent (if not already known). Then go to 'BMR Calculator' and input data and it tells you how many calories per day you should be eating based on your activity level. I found it helpful and immediately increased my calories. I started losing again. It's just trial and error finding out what works for your body. Can't wait to hear what you follow up this program with. Thanks for posting, I love reading about your experience as well. :)

    ReplyDelete