Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 66: A reality based weigh-in

I've been using an old school scale and have known all along that it's inaccurate. It told me I dropped 5 pounds in phase 1 and I've maintained since then. My pants fit better and my muscles are getting more visible so I didn't worry about it.

But it's gotten annoying to not see any change in the scale at all. I got curious about my body fat percentage and curious about what a real scale might tell me.

I bought a digital scale. Here's what it told me today.

Weight: 130.6 lbs
Body fat: 22%
Water: 56%

This puts me in the "fitness" range according to one of the first sites that popped up when I googled "body fat percentage women." I also learned that in order to get into the athletic range where I'll see a six-pack I need to drop 7lbs of fat.

I'm on it.

Cardio 3 again today. It was ok. I struggle with the cardio DVDs in general just because I get bored. I found myself spacing out a lot and I couldn't remember how far into the circuit I was. I started fantasizing about replacing the cardio DVDs with long runs and biking. I'm proud of my streak of doing the workouts every day, but how much would it really matter if I dropped 1 cardio DVD a week?

Slippery slope, guys. So far I don't plan on changing anything.

1 comment:

  1. To you, I say "BRAVO!!" I can only dream of those numbers on the scale. Extremely impressive, Catherine. Well done & well deserved. You have been working so incredibly hard for your results!

    I agree about the slippery slope, and am happy to hear you say you aren't going to sub out workouts. Why break your awesome streak now??

    ReplyDelete