Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 4: The cure for binge eating--eat more!

Yesterday, Myfitpal calculated my calories at 1660 including the beer I had after dinner. I don't know how accurate that is. I hear people normally underestimate their calorie consumption and I have to guess about some things--a serving of salmon is the size of a deck of cards?

I figure that ending up around 1660 maybe means I'm really at 1800. I have no idea and I'm just not into it enough to weigh all my food.

But I have to say, I'm loving an 1800 calorie per day goal. I know I'm only 3 days in, but I've been eating 3 small meals and two small snacks and having a treat every day. I don't feel like I'm fighting with myself anymore.

Time will tell, but I'm hoping this is the cure for binge eating.

Ripped in 30 day 4 this morning. One thing that's nice about this program is that everything's on the same DVD. Body Revolution (and those other 90 day programs) could be more earth-friendly by putting things together like this.

I've memorized this workout. I can do it one more time but that's it. Time to move on! I'm amazed at how Jillian can keep talking for so long. I'd run out of stuff to say.

Easy 4 mile run later today. My hamstrings are still sore, but they always are when I'm running.

Banjo lesson tonight! I think I'll get a new song tonight. Yeehaw!

5 comments:

  1. A great post, Catherine! Everything sounds like it is going well. Awesome. Enjoy your Banjo lesson tonight. You should record a clip so we can hear you play sometime.

    Do you have a foam roller? They are ridiculously expensive AND painful to use...but they really work. Might help your hammies. It's a lot cheaper than a massage :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I was really surprised at the excessive packaging of BR considering how much Jillian talks about being kind to the planet. I guess it really isn't her call and it is totally a marketing ploy- looks like you are getting a better deal if you get 15 DVDs. I hated changing them in and out too, so I tried to rip a couple to my network (legal since I own them) and play them from my playstation that way, but it was too slow!

    I will be curious to see if you get quicker results upping your calories. I think you will. I see on your feed it's been a week since I blogged, ugh- where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys both need to blog more so I can have stuff to read while I'm stretching! Someone else recommended a foam roller to me but I haven't gotten around to it. I hear they're great though so that might be the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear they are painful and pure torture..... so I have so far refused to get one.

      Delete
  4. I found the same with upping my calories, that I didn't need to exercise insane amounts of self-control just to get through the evening. It came much easier and my calories were more in line with what my body needed. Definitely more satisfying. Your workout regimen sounds fantastic, Ri30 and running - those pounds are going to fly off of you!

    ReplyDelete