Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 67: oops, I did it again

I'm signed up for another half marathon.

There was a mass email at work a few months ago saying our company would get a few free entries into the local rock n roll marathon in June. I thought "why not?" and threw my name into the hat.

I got picked. The race is the weekend after my other one. I've run it before and I like the course although I think they've changed it up since I ran it. I think it will be fun and a good way to kick off the summer as long as I don't think too much about the fact that I'm running two half marathons in two weekends.

Workout 9 for the last time this morning. It's all double digits from here. I really liked the downward dog series. It feels good and I get bummed that we only do the sequence once each time around. Im noticing a theme - I like the yoga moves.

Does anyone know of a good yoga DVD?

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Actually, Jillian does an amazing one. Feels great and I can only imagine how much better it feels now that our bodies are stronger :) It`s also only about 30 minutes long. Do a google search for Jillian Michaels Yoga dvd and it will come up.

    Another half marathon :) Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! If you know someone with P90X, Yoga-X is fantastic. I also really, really like Rodney Yee (www.yeeyoga.com).

    Unlike Jessica, I was not impressed with Jillian's yoga DVDs. Maybe I would feel differently now, but she is not a yoga instructor, and I didn't like the yoga fusion thing she had going on. I thought it was going to be more "pure" if that makes sense? So it probably depends on what you are looking for in a workout.

    I hate figuring out if I'm going to like a new workout DVD or not! It is so disappointing when you buy one & don't love it!

    ReplyDelete