Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 10: Strategies to Stay On Track

Last night I probably got my furthest off track on the diet so far. Kinda funny because I thought going out to eat with my boyfriend would cause the first slipup. Nope. It's eating my kids' leftovers. I think I may have eaten about 400 extra calories yesterday with the leftover pizza from the end-of-season basketball party on Monday and bites of mac n cheese here and there.

Never fear! I believe I've identified a solution. It's inspired by another Body Revolution blog I found last night that has photos of the meals: http://www.phatsoslim.blogspot.com/. I need variety! I thought the smart and simple thing to do would be to repeat breakfasts and lunches every day. Greek yogurt with almonds, vegetable soup and poached chicken. But it's boring. I don't enjoy my food anymore so I don't feel satisfied.

I've got ingredients and food that I need to use up for the next couple of days, but starting Saturday I'm focusing on variety. I'll still have enough soup to freeze for a future week. Tonight it's Shrimp Laksa!

Also, it seems that drinking green tea in the morning between breakfast and lunch helps control my urge to snack so I'm thinking of getting an herbal tea for the evenings. JM suggests dandelion tea in her Making the Cut book so I'll be on the lookout for that.

All this means I need to go grocery shopping soon. Maybe I'll skip the run today and go to the store. I did do Cardio 1 in the morning. I actually enjoy running though. I like the fresh air and chatting with my friends. Dilemmas!

One more thing: I can't figure out how to move things around on my blog template so that links to other blogs show up on the side instead of the bottom. If anyone can clue me in I'd appreciate it!

1 comment: