Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 23: Lunch Date

A co-worker is taking me to lunch today which means 1) no lunchtime cardio, 2) I have to navigate eating out, and 3) I really like this person and we don't see each other as much as we used to so this is going to be fun.

We always go to Qdoba. I've gotten into the habit of looking up restaurants online before I go to check and see if there will be a healthy option and if there's any nutrition info available. This is one of the things that bigger chain restaurants do really well.

Qdoba's online nutrition calculator lets you add stuff and subtract stuff from the burrito (including the tortilla) and keeps a running tally of the total calories on the side. I'll be getting a naked chicken fajita burrito with all the veggies and guacamole. No sour cream or cheese. Comes in around 400 calories. Yum!

I just finished workout 4. Feeling good. I was in bed by 10 last night but then played around on my phone for a bit so I didn't get as much sleep as I should have. Up at 5:30 for my daily date with Jillian. Gotta do better tonight.

On the positive side, I didn't snack last night. Playing music is for the evenings what green tea is for the morning: my diet buddy. Busy hands can't snack!

4 comments:

  1. Woo! Hooray for no snacking and preparing to make healthy choices when eating out!

    It is SO helpful when restaurants provide nutritional information online. I hope it catches on. Before I moved to Minnesota, I lived in New York City for about 6 years. About half-way through my time there they passed a law that made it mandatory for all restaurants to display nutritional information and calorie counts in the restaurant! It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding me to your blogroll, as soon as I figure out wordpress's issues I would like to add you as well.

    Good for you braving the world of resturantville at lunch, I am interested in seeing what you choose. Soooo you workout at lunch also on most days? Where? in a gym or do you get getto like me and whip out a dvd in the conference room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm really skeptical that it was a 400 calorie lunch. It was heavy on the rice and stingy on the lettuce. I guess it's good I missed out on the tortilla calories but I still feel like I ate a huge meal. I'm skipping my snack today for sure and I don't even miss it.

    I run with co-workers during my lunch break. It's a really casual office so totally normal. That's awesome you can take over a conference room to work out in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Catherine! You are doing so well, and I am inspired by your commitment to finding ways to avoid the snack-monster. I'm taking your suggestions to heart & will work on finding a few of my own.

    I, have had several lunch dates lately. I NEVER go out to lunch, and have 3 outings in 1.5 weeks (last one tomorrow). I try to plan as well, but yesterday, they removed the 1 'safe' lunch option from the menu without warning, so I was totally unprepared. Oh well...what's a person to do??

    Sleep is fleeting in our household, too. We always have so much to do in the evenings that getting to bed before 11 is tough. Plus there is at least 1 child interruption each night and then the 4:50am wakeup call for Jillian. We HAVE to figure out a better routine or risk getting sick...

    ReplyDelete