Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hungry: pros and cons

How about I just jump right in? I’m on Day 4 of Jillian Michael’s Body Revolution. I’m used to Jillian Michael’s No More Trouble Zones DVD, which I love, so week 1 hasn’t been too grueling and I’ve been supplementing with other things like running. I’m concentrating on keeping my calories around 1200 which is new for me and right now I’m hungry.
The hours between breakfast (Greek Yogurt with almonds and cinnamon) and lunch (vegetable soup and chicken) are the toughest for me. Today I’m working out at noon with a friend so I don’t want to fill my belly right before I jump around.  If I can get through this part of the day, the rest of the day should be good.
The other problem time of day is dinner. I’m dating someone who loves to go out to eat and loves to have a glass of wine or a beer or two with dinner. Last night I picked the small portion of shrimp louie and it came with dressing on it AND with dressing on the side. Weird. Obviously I skipped the extra dressing and myfitnesspall tells me the calories aren’t too bad. I’m sure there’s tons of sugar in the thousand island dressing. I also had a glass of wine.
But here are the upsides: my stomach feels flatter already and most of the day I feel satisfied. I love eating actual meals instead of grazing on snacky crap all day and then having a huge dinner that lumps up in my stomach like clay. Also, the vegetable soup is delicious. Really, really good. I might just make another batch for next week.

2 comments:

  1. try some additional protein with the yogurt. I'm eating 2 hard boiled eggs with the yogurt--sometime with or without the yolk. Minimal calories without the yolks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. I need to do something to switch it up and I love eggs.

    ReplyDelete