Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 27: Goodbye Phase 1!

It's been a great 4 weeks. I just finished my cardio and tomorrow's my rest day. I'm down another pound this week for a total of 5 pounds in 4 weeks. I started at 130 so I'm very happy with that pace.

More important to me is the increased tone in my arms and abs. I've still got some jiggle in my arms, but I also have rounded shoulders and biceps and triceps that you can see if I'm holding my arm out from my side.

My six pack is developing from the top down. My upper abs actually look pretty good. I still have a muffin top, but there's less of it and I can feel the abs underneath getting prepared to show off as soon as this layer of fat is gone.

The big surprise this week has been that I haven't been hungry. I think I've broken the snack habit. Knock on wood. I have my breakfast about 7am and then eat lunch between 11:30 and 12. My snack I'll eat at 4 or skip it if I'm going out to eat. Dinner is around 7 or 8. And I'm satisfied. It's bizarre.

Remember how I was thinking I'd run 4 times this week? I didn't. I had to take care of some stuff so missed the run on Friday. I knew the day before that this would happen so I just upped that run. So the tally is Monday 5.25 miles, Wednesday 4.8 miles, Thursday 8 miles.

Also the big cheat last night was cheesecake. Its a calorie bomb. I checked my feelings and I didn't want it because I was bored or stressed or missing anything in my life. I just wanted to taste cheesecake because it's delicious. I've been really good with the food this week besides that and eating it actually made me feel even better about going back to normal today and for the rest of this week.

I'm pumped to start phase 2 on Monday. Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Catherine! Whoo hoo! Phase One - Done! I am so excited to hear how you like Phase 2!! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Catherine on many things in that post...the weight loss, the muscle tone, the willpower to continue and mostly for checking your emotions before indulging in the cheesecake, that is a great strategy that many of us could learn from.

    ReplyDelete