Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 12: I Uncovered an Ab!

Today I say goodbye to Workout 2. So nice that we get to switch it up every two weeks. I'm definitely looking forward to something new next week.

Speaking of new, there's a new girl at work. Yesterday I invited her to run with me during our lunch break so I could get to know her. Turns out she's a competitive long distance runner. She'd worked out with her coach the night before and did a 7 mile "shakeout" easy run that morning. We ran 5.5 miles at an 8:10 pace and she obviously could have gone much faster. My lungs were burning the whole time. I kept asking her questions so that she could talk and I could concentrate on just inhaling and exhaling. What a workout!

The big news for me is that I have a visible ab muscle! I have to suck in a certain way and twist a certain direction, but it's definitely there. This is a huge deal for me as flat abs are my holy grail for this 90 days. I've always assumed I was genetically predisposed to belly fat and it wasn't in the cards. Maybe it was just beer and bread after all that was covering me up. Doy.

1 comment:

  1. Woah, I'm seriously impressed with that run...I can't do an 8:10 pace for ONE mile, let alone 5.5!!! And way to go on the ab, I'm sure they'll be shining through big time by the end :-)

    ReplyDelete