Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 13: Booze

Last might I took a friend to dinner for her birthday. I looked up the menu ahead of time and planned what I was going to eat including a skinny margarita (100 calories). It was a bad choice. It tasted like artificial sweetener and wasn't satisfying at all. I think I wouldve done better just getting the ipa I wanted and nursing it. As it was I ended up splitting her second regular margarita with her.

Tonight I'm hanging out with friends at a bar. We've been planning this night out for ages so redirecting isn't a possibility. I've decided no vodka sodas for me. I'm going to just order the beer I want and make a contest with myself to see how long I can make it last.

My big insight of week 2 has been that I need to have meals that I can look forward to even if that means more prep time and a little more expense. Otherwise I feel completely unsatisfied and I will try to fix that by consuming more. The same goes for booze. No more diet drinks that I really don't want. I'm going to have the good stuff and enjoy every sip.

Tomorrow I'll let you know how it went. Truthfully I cave at peer pressure so I'm nervous about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment